Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Walt Disney World - Day 1: Arrival and Epcot

*** Join me as I blog my way through Walt Disney World with Hubs and Lil man. Go to my home page to find more posts of my journey. Enjoy!

5:00am - We're running late, we're supposed to be at the airport at 5:30am and my hair is still wet. Drats!

5:50am - Finally at the airport. Thank goodness the counter is empty to do the check-in. Now to get some breakfast.

[caption id="attachment_634" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Waiting patiently at the gate"][/caption]

7:05am - Waiting patiently at the gate when suddenly they announce that one of the flight attendants is sick and without her or a replacement, the plane can't leave. This doesn't sound good.

7:15am - They found a flight attendant, but since she arrived at midnight and needs mandatory rest, she will arrive at 8:40 and the flight now leaves at 9:20am. Are you kidding me? I was planning on being at Epcot by noon! My vacation has been greatly compromised. (Note the drama - I'm giving myself permission.)

8:40am - They finally call us to board, and as we're heading down the ramp to the airplane, hubs asks me: "where's the suitcase?" I check our belongings: I'm carrying my purse, lil man has his backpack and his 2 bears, hubs has the other backpack and the stroller. Holy shit, the carry-on! He runs back through the line of people as lil man and I reach the plane where the baggage handlers take our stroller. And then we wait, and wait. People are passing through to the plane and we're just standing there. Lil man: "Mama, where's Papa?" Me: "He's coming, sweetie, he just forgot something." At this point, I'm getting nervous and I call him on his cell. He's out of breath. "We left it out at the security checkpoint!" Shit. Shit. SHIT! And then we wait, and wait. Lil man: "Mama, why aren't we going on the plane?" Me: "We're waiting for Papa, sweetie." Lil man: "Where is he?" Me: "Looking for the bag, he'll be here soon." And then we wait, and wait. Finally he calls me. "I'm back, they wouldn't let me go out to the checkpoint to get the bag, I had to plead with them til they did." OMG, can we please stop all this drama even BEFORE our vacation starts?

[caption id="attachment_635" align="alignright" width="225" caption="The boys playing in flight"][/caption]

In Flight - We're supposed to have free Wi-Fi, but after trying on both my cell and laptop, I gave up. I haven't had any sleep, so I'm getting a well-deserved nap. Lil man is playing with both his Vsmile and PSP, so we're good. Oh, BTW, the bathroom? Smallest one ever! I've been in my share of airplane bathrooms, but I think this one takes the cake.

11:00am - At the Orlando airport - Did I just pass a Starbucks and not get coffee? what is wrong with me?

[caption id="attachment_636" align="alignleft" width="225" caption="Hello giant golf ball!"][/caption]

2:00pm - Entering Epcot - Me: "Look, it's the giant ball!" Lil man: "It looks like a big golf ball!"

Spaceship Earth - Freaking ride broke down mid-way! We were stranded at the top in the dark for like 5 minutes. Are you kidding me?

Soarin' - Lil man was laughing nervously the entire ride. when the final fireworks exploded, he jumped so high that he even scared me. While walking out, he was trembling but laughing nervously. Hubs: "Did you like the ride?" Lil man: "Yeah!" Hubs: "Were you scared?" Lil man: "A little bit, but it was very cool!" Hubs: "Wanna go again?" Lil man: "No."

*** BTW, this same exact conversation happened after Test Track. It was hilarious!

Mouse Gear - Getting my feet wet. The only 3 things we bought were actually hubs' idea.

[caption id="attachment_637" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Hubs & lil man with the Three Wise Men"][/caption]

Mexican Pavillion - Disney always says that all their World Showcase cast members come from the country they're representing, but when we tried to talk in Spanish to the Three Wise Men, they replied in English! Major Disney fail!

As a side note, the Margarita was yum! Oh, and on a related note, if you're drinking said Margarita while sitting on the floor, when you get up, hang on!

8:30pm - La Hacienda de San Angel - I was very hesitant to come here because I had read some lukewarm reviews. But we had a great time, and the food was yummers! Hubs and I had the Hacienda Parrillada (for 2) and we were fighting over the refried beans. I even had to ask for more tortillas, they were THAT good. Oh! And watching Illuminations from the comfort of our dining table? Bonus!

[caption id="attachment_638" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Our "beautiful" balloon bouquet."][/caption]

11:00pm - Finally at our hotel room. Complete shock and dissappointment! We had ordered a bouquet of Mickey balloons to be delivered to our room, and instead of displaying them on the bed like they usually do, they were stuffed into a plastic bag in the corner of the room. I almost cried because I wanted to see lil man's face when he saw all the balloons, like he did last time. I call the front desk to file a complaint, but they want me to call back tomorrow after 8:00am. I will definitely be calling back - I demand a refund! But who will refund the surprise I had for him? Another major Disney fail!

-- Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.

P.S. - This post was originally published remotely from my BlackBerry. Upon returning home, I added pics and links. Hope you enjoy reading!

Check out my other posts here:

6 comments: