Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Power of One: Week 1 Recap

It has been one week since I posted about my new journey to weight loss and exercise. I was super psyched and made plans and everything. Then the days started to come and go, and I hadn't done a single thing. Every day I said "tomorrow, I'm definitely starting." And then, nothing.

What I didn't realize was that if I have a full-time job and a 4-year old son still on winter break, I had to organize myself BEFORE starting. Duh, right? Well, I didn't think of that until about 5 days into the week.

But today I definitely started. Yep, did my first yoga session and everything. Made my weekly meal plan, not just for me, but for my entire family. This week will be different. I got it.

Let's see what happened during my first week:

Last week’s weight: 195.4 (I still can't stand to look at that number!)

This week’s weight: 194.2 (well, at least I broke 195. Glass half-full, right?)

Total weight lost: 1.2 lbs

Total weight to lose: 64.2 lbs

First Goal: 10 lbs (I'm not even close!)

Accomplishments from last week: I actually drank less diet coke and more water than I usually do. But didn't make any breakthrough changes. I'll call it a teeny-tiny baby step.

Setbacks: Pretty much everything else. I didn't change my eating habits, and I didn't exercise. At all.

Goals for this week: (same as last week)

  • Drink more water and less diet coke

  • Eat more protein & veggies and less sugar

  • Start Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred. Do at least 4-5 days this week. On off days, I can do yoga from another DVD or my Wii Fit.


I was debating whether to post this week's "failure", but decided that if I failed, I might as well embarrass myself in front of everyone. Maybe that can be my motivation for getting off my ass and actually doing something. I mean, I already feel awful that I haven't done any exercise, and yet I'm reading about Rachel and Monica who are well into their second week of daily exercises... shame on me!

Also? For some reason, I lost 1.2 pounds. Even if I don't deserve it, I'll take it!

Here's to a different week than last!

Power of One Challenge



Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

5 comments:

  1. Oh hush you did deserve it ;) Something happened, you must have eaten less calories, done more laundry, took out big bags of trash.....you see where I am going with this?

    Next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an inspiration? Awww, that seriously made my day. I think every week you'll make small changes that will take you one-step closer to your goal. And really, at the end of the day, that's what a healthy lifestyle is all about. I am BEYOND proud of you and can't wait to see how you do next week. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You know what I forgot to write? I started a food journal! I've heard it keeps you accountable for what you eat, so maybe if I didn't actually diet, I did pull back a little, just so I didn't have to write anything too embarrassing. So that's it! I can't believe I forgot something so important. Mystery solved! thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Monica! Actually, read the last reply I posted, I forgot to mention my food journal! I think that's what made the difference, even if I didn't exercise, or "diet".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, a loss is a LOSS! Celebrate it! PS. LOVE the new look.

    ReplyDelete