Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tackle it Tuesday 1: Back to School

Tackle It Tuesday MemeI have enjoyed and admired the "Tackle it Tuesday" series by 5 Minutes for Mom for some time now - I mean, who would be bold enough to dare show everyone their messy lives and their piles of clutter? But when I read the story behind it (you can read about it here), I jumped on board immediately!

Only a handful of unfortunate people really know how incredibly messy I am, but if it will help me get my life - and my house - in order, then bring it! I think it's safe to assume the hubby will be very happy about this.

This week I will start with an easy one: Back to School. Lil man started Pre-K this week and for the first time he had a big-boy bag and lunchbox, and tons of books and notebooks. Since last year all his gear and materials had his name scribbled on a Sharpie - very sloppy - I decided to plan ahead this year, and purchased a combo pack from Mabel's Labels. Can you say adorable?
OK, full disclosure time: this is NOT a sponsored product review. Mabel's Labels did not ask me to write this post, nor did they give me the labels. I paid for them myself, and liked them so much I decided to share it with you. I do participate in their affiliate program, which I joined after trying out the labels. That is all.

Now that we've taken care of that, I can go back to gushing about the awesomeness of these labels. I mean, sticky labels that are microwave AND dishwasher safe? Clothes labels that are machine-washable? Nah, they must be joking!

Well, take a look at these pics and tell me they don't look gorgeous! It definitely made preparing for back to school enjoyable instead of dreadful. Thanks ladies!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="There are several sheets per type of label. Plus 2 bag tags, fab!"]Combo pack contents[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Shoe labels: these are my fave - genius!"]Shoe labels[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Tag Mates for clothes: yet another genius idea!"]Tag Mates[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Sticky labels and bag tags, so friggin cute!"]Sticky labels[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="240" caption="And now lil man is ready for school, and very excited!"]Gear[/caption]

If you have a Tackle it Tuesday post, link it here for others to see!

Here's the fun thumbnail linky:
Here's the text linky:

Thanks to the ladies at Mabel's Labels for creating such great products!

Thanks to the ladies at 5 Minutes for Mom for creating Tackle it Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Aaahw, he looks like he'd fit into his own bag, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Zelma, Zelma. Zelma said: New post: Tackle it Tuesday: Back to School http://goo.gl/fb/45Ccy [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I think the bag's too big for him, although he loves his lunchbox!
    My recent post Tackle it Tuesday- Back to School

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog today... your blog is adorable and I love the labels idea... it makes my heart happy to see something look so streamline! My 2nd starts pre-K this week and the Sharpie has gotten its workout the last couple of days!

    ReplyDelete