Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Power of One: Week 5 Recap

I don't know if you have noticed, but it's been 3 weeks since I posted my weekly recap. The main reason I didn't post during these weeks was pure and simple: shame. Not because I have gained weight, I would have posted that. But because I have been stressed out. You see, as a baker, I have my calm weeks, and my stressful weeks. And the past two weeks? Have been stressful. I received several last-minute orders, and getting everything ready on time AND keeping my blog was way too much stress.

So this week I'm preparing for Valentine's Day. A nightmare for a baker, right? Well, yes and no. This time I'm prepared and am organizing myself to get all orders out on time.

OK, getting back to the topic. Because of all my stress, I haven't been really disciplined on my eating habits nor my workouts. But I didn't completely fall off the wagon either. Now all I have to do is pick myself up again and get back on track.

Let's see what happened since last time:

Last weight: 193.7

This week’s weight: 193.2

Weight lost this week: 0.5 lbs

Total weight lost so far: 2.2 lbs

Total weight to lose: 63.2 lbs

First Goal: 10 lbs (Nope, not there yet.)

Accomplishments from last week:

  • I worked out on Monday and again today.

  • Kept a food log. Still liking My Fitness Pal, although still bummed that it doesn't have a mobile app for my Blackberry.

  • I'm drinking tons of water! About 9-12 glasses a day. Woot!


Setbacks: I think the fact that I abandoned my tracking for a couple of weeks was really my downfall. Even if I hadn't kept a strict diet or exercise routine, just tracking it keeps me in check, so I'm definitely going back to that.

Goals for this week:

  • Keep drinking 9-12 glasses of water.

  • Eat more protein & veggies and less sugar

  • Keep up my 30 Day Shred workouts. Do at least 4 days this week.


Here's to a great week!

Power of One Challenge



Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

3 comments:

  1. Those are perfectly reasonable goals! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine having the willpower to be around baked goods all day! Sounds like you have great goals, keep on tracking! I know that really does help : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracking has been an amazing way to keep track of what I'm putting into my mouth...sometimes it even keeps me from putting crap into my body cuz I don't want to track it! Stress is so hard to deal with, but sounds like you are doing a decent job of it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete