Friday, February 11, 2011

The day I learned about world history from my husband

I had this conversation with my husband a few days ago. Feel free to mock me.

Me: Hey, you know my friend from twitter that lives in the Philippines? I think she knows Spanish!

Hubs: {no reaction} Doesn't surprise me.

Me: Why not?

Hubs: Well, it *was* a Spanish colony, just like us....

Me: WHAAAAAA????

Hubs: {looks at me for the first time} You *did* know that, right? RIGHT?

Me: NO!! But that's all the way in Asia! Like near Japan or something! Isn't it part of one of *those* countries?

Hubs: {raises voice} Oh my God, Zelma, please tell me you're joking!! Spain had colonies all over the world!

Me: I swear to God, I didn't know that!!

Hubs: Unbelievable!

Me: {slowly} Wait.... so maybe THAT'S why her last name is Perez! {lightbulb going off over my head}

Hubs: OH MY GOD ZELMA!! {facepalm}

Me: What? You're surprised that I *don't* know something?

Hubs: Yes! You always have to know everything!

Me: Well, there you go, I'm human.

Hubs: Pfft

TRUE STORY!!!

For the record, I felt incredibly stupid, but I'm not going to admit that to him, am I?

You can start laughing now. Wait, were you laughing already? Meh!

2 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Zelma, Zelma. Zelma said: Did you hear? I'm stupid. http://goo.gl/fb/HltPu [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, don't feel bad- this was new to me too! It's been wayyy too long since I've learned about geography. :)

    ReplyDelete