Saturday, December 4, 2010

Walt Disney World - Day 4: Animal Kingdom

*** Join me as I blog my way through Walt Disney World with Hubs and Lil man. Go to my home page to find more posts of my journey. Enjoy!

9:30am - Even later for breakfast than yesterday. This is not good.

[caption id="attachment_655" align="alignleft" width="225" caption="Happy to go to the bug show"][/caption]

It's Tough to be a Bug - Here we go again. Lil man doesn't want to put on the glasses because he's scared. we finally convinced him to put them on, but he saw the entire show on his dad's lap. Good thing too, because he would've been super scared of the poking and tingling things that the chairs do.

Kilimanjaro Safari - LIl man loved this one! Every time we saw an animal, he would check the sign on the roof where it has a picture of all the species, and ask us where that animal was on the pictures.

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - I didn't think lil man would be excited about this one, but he was. The most exciting part was the gorillas. One of them was a supermodel wanna-be, posing for pictures, and the other one was busy with a large sheet, like a throw, tossing it over his head to cover himself, or pulling it around. Finally he sat against a wall and covered himself with it. It was hilarious, and all the kids were screaming with excitement.

Expedition Everest - Very dissappointed with the rider swap, or lack thereof. They wouldn't let lil man go inside at all. I had to stand outside while hubs went in, and when he came out, then I went in. I don't get it.

[caption id="attachment_656" align="alignright" width="300" caption="I took this pic of the monitor... shh, don't tell Disney!"][/caption]

Dinosaur - OK, so seeing as lil man has been scared of every single ride after Tower of Terror, I wasn't too excited to come here. Turns out, he loved it! He laughed when the car started going fast, and also when the dinosaurs appeared. It's a very rough ride with a lot of darkness, but he was FINE! Laughing all the time. "Mama, this is very cool!" I give up.

Finding Nemo: The Musical - We had priority seating because we had lunch at Tusker House (which by the way, YUM!) I loved the fact that I was super close and I was able to appreciate the actors more, but missed the entire scope of the show, with all the stuff that happens on the aisles. It was good for one time, but next time, I'll sit in the back.

Downtown Disney - I can't go to Walt Disney World and not go to Downtown Disney. However, we only have a few hours to spare, so we can only go to the Marketplace. Gotta get my shopping on!

Mickey's Days of Christmas - Gotta find a 2010 ornament (I always buy one for each year) but man, they're pricey! Finally find a cute one for $10.95, score!

Mickey's Pantry - I'm in heaven! THIS is why I come here, to get my kitchen fix. But I just noticed that they don't sell a lot of stuff that they used to here, like the Mickey waffle maker. Drats, just when I was convincing myself to get it!

World of Disney - I have a love/hate relationship with this store. It has pretty much everything that's available, but since I'm retail-challenged, I can never get through the entire store without getting tired, overwhelmed, or both!

Pollo Campero - We met hubs' cousin who lives here and she told us about this place that just opened up where the McDonald's used to be. Gotta say, it's pretty darn good! The food is very authentic, tastes just like home.

-- Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.

P.S. - This post was originally published remotely from my BlackBerry. Upon returning home, I added pics and links. Hope you enjoy reading!

Check out my other posts here:

3 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Zelma, Zelma. Zelma said: New blog post: Walt Disney World - Day 4: Animal Kingdom http://zelmasworkshop.com/2010/12/walt-disney-world-day-4-animal-kingdom/ [...]

    ReplyDelete