Friday, December 3, 2010

Walt Disney World - Day 3: Magic Kingdom

*** Join me as I blog my way through Walt Disney World with Hubs and Lil man. Go to my home page to find more posts of my journey. Enjoy!

9:00am - Late for breakfast, but recharged and ready for the day. Also? It's about 60 degrees, I love it! Hubs already put on his sweater. Wimp.

Jungle Cruise - I don't get lil man. He absolutely loved Tower of Terror, and right now he's scared of the animals! Dude, they're fake! "Mama, I don't wanna watch anymore." He's weird.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Same thing happened here. There's something wrong with this kid!

[caption id="attachment_649" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="The scene of the crime"][/caption]

Mickey's Toontown Fair - Lil man loves this area! We're at the park, and lil man is inside the small house when all of a sudden he starts screaming and crying. I went up to him as he came out, tears flowing, and still crying extremely loudly. Another small girl came out the same way. Her mom and I start asking them what happened. Lil man: "He won't let me play!" When I peeked inside, I saw a small boy standing against the back wall, furious look in his eyes. Apparently he was screaming at them to get out. His mom got him out and made him apologize. It was all very loud and dramatic, pretty much all the parents at the park noticed. 2 minutes later? Everyone is running around, screaming and laughing again. Ah, to be a kid.

Donald's Boat - It's amazing how cautious lil man is. He's running around in the water squirts by Donald's boat, but he manages to stay dry. All the rest of the kids are soaked! Good thing too, because I'm not in the mood for him to get sick.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Lil man can't stop laughing nervously. "This is so fun!"

[caption id="attachment_650" align="alignright" width="225" caption="Marching with Pooh"][/caption]

Crystal Palace - For an extremely shy kid, it was a huge deal when we got lil man to march in the Pooh parade through the restaurant. All the kids look adorable.

Haunted Mansion - Since the moment lil man saw the walls of the library stretch up, he got scared. When we got in line to board the ride, he started to cry and hid his face on hubs' neck the entire time. But apparently he managed to see everything, because as soon as we were out, he started to talk about everything that happened. Me: "so you liked it?" Lil man: "sure." Me: "were you scared?" Lil man: "a little bit, but it was OK, nothing happened." His face was hilarious!

Philharmagic - Same thing here. He spent the entire show on hubs' lap, and wanted to take the glasses off, but we convinced him to keep them on. Shame that I couldn't take a pic of him, he had one hand covering half of one eye the entire time, and the other grabbing on to his dad. Also? He kept laughing nervously the entire time.

Space Mountain - We used the Rider Swap here. Pretty cool because lil man got to go on the stand-by line with us. Once we got to the end, hubs got on the ride, and lil man and I exited through a side door and went back down to meet him. Then I went up again through the same side door, and they let me in.

Astro Orbiter - Are you kidding me? It's like 45 degrees, and you want me to ride in circles up there? Should have put on my scarf and gloves, I'm effing freezing!

*** As soon as I got back down, I put on my scarf and gloves. I don't care if the rest of the people are in shorts and flip flops, it's effing freezing! (Did I mention that already?)

[caption id="attachment_651" align="alignleft" width="225" caption="My two boys watching the fireworks"][/caption]

Wishes - There are no words. In my opinion, Illuminations is far more complex and grand, but what gets you here is the music. I had a lump in my throat the entire time. Also? Watching lil man ooh-ing and aah-ing? Swoon.

Bus stop - Holy crap, there are seriously like 200 people waiting in line for the bus! All of a sudden, a big-ass motorcoach comes by, and parks in our lane. Everyone starts cheering and screaming and whistling at the driver! If I wasn't freezing, I could've sworn we were in Puerto Rico.

[caption id="attachment_652" align="alignright" width="300" caption="The window display, starring his very own friends"][/caption]

Hotel room - I have noticed that when we're walking past the rooms in the hotel, you can see little animals made from towels displayed on the windowsill. They're too cute, these cleaning ladies are super talented. Tonight, when we got to our room, there was a huge display! They had taken one of the chairs in the room, covered it with a white towel, and displayed 2 little towel animals, plus 2 of lil man's stuffed animals! One of them was dressed like Santa, and another had a Christmas tree outfit. It looked like a store window display. Lil man was beyond excited, he couldn't stop screaming! Seriously? This is what the Disney experience is all about.

-- Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.

P.S. - This post was originally published remotely from my BlackBerry. Upon returning home, I added pics and links. Hope you enjoy reading!

Check out my other posts here:

4 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Zelma, Zelma. Zelma said: New blog post: Walt Disney World - Day 3: Magic Kingdom http://zelmasworkshop.com/2010/12/walt-disney-world-day-3-magic-kingdom/ [...]

    ReplyDelete